- Share your birth story and demands for birth justice.
- Share this campaign within your family, friends and community using our toolkit below.
- Get connected to resources in your community, such as Black Infant Health and Fatherhood programs by clicking on a County-specific logo at the footer of this website.
- Know your rights.
- Submit a complaint for racist or poor treatment during your birth journey.
- Advocate for policy and systems change.
How can California reduce disparities in maternal and infant health? – CDPH implements three key efforts to address the alarming rates of maternal and infant morbidity and mortality, and preterm birth in the Black community.
Alameda County Fathers Corps – In 2013, the Alameda County Fathers Corps (ACFC) , a collaborative effort between First 5 Alameda County and Alameda County’s Health Care Services Agency and Social Services Agency, was formed to support fathers to be meaningfully engaged with their children and to advocate for father-friendly services.
Frontline Doulas – A Perinatal Health Program Providing Black Families With Black Doulas
How Black Women Can Interpret Those Scary Health Statistics – "Doomsday headlines are nothing new. But over time they can damage your mental health if you’re not careful."
Pregnancy + My Job – Know your rights when it comes to pregnancy, leave and your job.
Birthing People's Bill of Rights COVID-19 Edition
COVID-19 + my job – Your pregnancy rights during the COVID 19 pandemic when it comes to your job.
Uterine Fibroid Toolkit – Including information on uterine fibroids, nutrient-rich drink recipes, and more.
Birth with Irth: A Mini-Manual to Pregnancy and Childbirth for Black People
Building Your Perinatal Care Team – An E-Book and Infographic that educates mothers, birthing people, and healthcare stakeholders about the healthcare workers who offer support before, during, and after having a baby.
Share the Campaign
Use our social media toolkit with sample posts, graphics and hashtags to share the campaign with your networks.