- Learn more about how racism and bias harm Black mothers, babies and families.
- Share this campaign with your constituents.
- Organize listening sessions on birth justice with community partners and Black mothers and families.
- Eliminate social and environmental risk factors, including by investing in:
- Economic access for Black mothers with county-wide and state-wide income supplement and cash programs.
- Access to safe, quality housing, nutritious food, reliable and safe public transportation.
- Fund, sustain and maximize resources for community-based organizations dedicated to improving Black maternal health outcomes, especially during COVID.
- Expand health protections, including health care for all, and sick leave and family leave protections.
- Expand access to competent care:
- Doula care and community-based midwife programs across the Bay Area and state.
- Access to telehealth services, particularly during COVID.
- A community health system that works for all, especially Black families.
- Continuity of health insurance coverage for moms from the start of their pregnancies through the entire year-long postpartum period.
- Grow and diversify the maternity care workforce.
- Eliminate bias and racism in health care:
- Create a statewide policy to train and enforce policies in health care settings.
- Create a public, statewide database of maternal and infant health data from hospitals.
- Enforce robust policies to evaluate and effectively address potential inequities and racial biases in administering Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) screenings.
Black Maternal Health Momnibus – The Black Maternal Health Momnibus builds on existing legislation to comprehensively address every dimension of the maternal health crisis in America.
Share the Campaign
Use our social media toolkit with sample posts, graphics and hashtags to share the campaign with your networks.